Monday, January 26, 2015

Share Pictures Of Your Belly For A Good Cause?

Since I started this blogsite, I've had nearly half a million views. I have been overwhelmed by the positive response and feedback from visitors and private messages on various gainer sites letting me know they have found my blog useful and that I've helped them with some problems.

One of my friends in the gaining community contacted me to say this site had gone down. I have no idea why that happened, or how long it was down (and it was when I tried to log on). I contacted the host and it's on-line again. But I dreaded the idea of trying to start a new one from scratch. However, I've been concerned about losing it again, particularly because it has meant a lot to people who have let me know it's answered many of their questions.

Just so, I've decided to publish this in ebook form and offer it for free. That should keep it available to others and perhaps even easier to read in an ebook format. It would be available to download on Amazon, B&N, Itunes, and other vendors.

However--I've always "illustrated" (enhanced?) the blog with images I've found  and saved from the Internet for more than a decade. I frankly have no idea where most of them are from. I started before Tumblr was a reality, so I don't have a good way of trying to contact the people in the images to ask for their permission to use their photos. For that reason I'm asking for volunteers to send me their own pictures they would be willing to share in the new ebook. If you want to crop off your face or other identifying items (like a tattoo)--that's fine with me. I'm especially interested in progress shots and images of happy couples (both m/m and m/f--I get a lot of questions from straight male gainers asking if having a belly will mean not having a girlfriend --and the answer to that one is also "no."). As I do with this blog, I'd also like to present a wide (yes--that's a pun) variety of body shapes and sizes and I'm always happy to feature men of color, since people like me (I'm American Indian) are rarely shown on so many of the gainer sites. I'm a strong supporter of inclusion.

If you are willing to volunteer images of your belly to use in the new ebook, I would also appreciate it if you could include a statement you are giving me permission to use them in the new ebook with the understanding that the book will be offered free of charge, so there will be no financial compensation (for either of us). You can PM them to me on Grommr (ProfessorFatology) or email them to me: ProfessorFatology@gmail.com

If you're unfamiliar with epublishing--normally indie authors buy the publishing rights for images from photostock agencies. Unfortunately, the vast majority of images of well-bellied men available on those sites are intended to be comedic ("Let's make fun of the fat guy!") or Shame-based ("Join the gym and get rid of this awful gut!"). Just try to find a sexy or confident looking male plus sized model on those sites. Which is why I have so appreciated the Internet for helping me discover the images I have used on this blog. But to make sure I am squeeky clean when it comes to publishing an ebook, I am uncomfortable in using most of the images on my blog. I want to feature people who are giving permission to be seen.



I also apologize for not updating this blogsite as often as I should. In the summer I was walking to the grocery store and a kid pulled out of the parking lot and hit me. I'm told I shattered his windshield with my body. He fractured my spine and tore my meniscus, among other injuries. My recovery has taken longer than I had anticipated and my "down time" has really thrown off my work schedule.

I look forward to creating the ebook and I want to thank in advance all the wonderful people who will help make this a reality. I also want to include an acknowledgment to the ones who will share their images, so please let me know how you want to be listed in the ebook. If you have your own tumblr or blog, I'll be happy to include it in the acknowledgment.



No comments:

Post a Comment