Thursday, October 4, 2012

For Those Who Visit This Site---

To the lovely folks who visit this site--gaining "stuff" isn't my entire life or focus, although it's a significant aspect of it, and the SigO (and I got a European question of what's a "SigO"--it's short for "Significant Other."  I personally like the term "Significant Same," but have never gotten a SigO to accept that) takes a lot of attention. I have a number of people who contact me via "ProfessorFatology@gmail.com" and that's terrific.  But several ask me to not post their questions and my responses on-line, which means I respond without updating the blog.  The point-if you see that I don't update all the time--it doesn't mean I'm ignoring people, or I'm off on some orgy (lol-I wish--well, maybe not--the SigO doesn't like to "share").

So--yes-if you e-mail me directly, and ask, I don't share the correspondence on this site, I will respect that, but for those of you who are just interested in reading up on "fatology," remember I'm very careful to do nothing to identify the person who e-mails me, but in all honesty, while a lot of you think "I'mTheOnlyOneInTheWorld" who is "into" this "stuff"--I felt the same way when I was younger.

Frankly, I think it's really healthier if folks in the gaining community discover there are others who have similar questions and conclusions.  For that reason, I think it's better if I get to respond to questions in this "public" forum than in private e-mails, simply because my response to "Gainer in Texas" may be helpful to a gainer in Ohio or Oslo.

UPDATE: One of my favorite lines from the old Buffy The Vampire TV Series: "Well, that's something you don't see everyday--unless you're me!" Right after I uploaded this, the SigO (who is taking the day off before he leaves for a trip out of state) yells, "So where are apps?!" (And for those of you who don't speak his version of English, "Apps" in this case means "appetizers.") For lunch we had gone to an India buffet, which we both enjoy  He doesn't want me to do things like curries, because he feels their scents tend to linger in the condo.  As a result, we only go to the India place every 6 weeks or so, but we greatly enjoy it, and it's an extremely high quality, as in, they hired a special chef and this is not the sort of generic India food one finds in most places.  Normally one of the owners (we suspect he's gay) actually orders for us, but we normally come for dinner and he wasn't there.  After the SigO had been back for a second large plate, one of the staff came up and pushed dessert.  Let me give a context--the SigO, now at his highest weight, kicked in his periodic, "OMG, gotta go to the gym," which lasts a few weeks, at which point his newest clothes are no longer tight, at which point he feels this is too much work and then gains back any weight he's lost and then some more for good measure. As an example--we stopped off to deposit the rent check to our landlord and then while I went to pick up something for dinner, he wandered around. When we got home he came over and said, "Want a pumpkin macaroon?"  Nice to know when he's been trying to lose weight, his first food choice is a package of cookies.

I suspect when the staff looks at someone who is at least 260 who waddles through the door, their first thought is not, "I hope he likes the buffet."  But this time, a new skinny staffer came to us when we had finished and he pushed dessert (a closet encourager?).  This was one of my awkward moments, where this is one of those  places that calls food their actual names in India, and doesn't bother with any translation.  Which works fine when one of the owners just orders for us.  But the person pushing dessert was only able to hesitantly explain this one is made with chickpea flour, and this one is made with wheat flour. Fortunately, the SigO agreed to test-taste what was there. And he greatly enjoyed them all.

Which is why, a few hours before we normally have dinner when he comes home from work (I work at home on-line), he was asking about appetizers, and that threw me a bit.  But--hey--as if a really good encourager isn't prepared.  I did a round of potstickers before doing the prep for a pork stir-fry.



No comments:

Post a Comment